Monday, July 20, 2009

I want to start over? What do I do?

So I relax my hair but now i want to stop because its just damaging it and making it thin. I want my hair to grow really long and I remember when I was younger I use to get my hair braided all the time and my hair was REALLY long. I think Im going to do that again, but when my hair grows in it will be really curly an kinky and it won't match my relaxed hair. Has anyone relaxed or permed their hair then stopped? What happened? WHat should I do?



I want to start over? What do I do?

Why don't you cut your hair while it grows, that way it won't be straight when your natural hair grows in?



I want to start over? What do I do?

Oi, I'm sorry I'm a white girl so maybe I can't really sympathize, but maybe if you want a fresh start get it cut short so that less of your hair is "different" then as it grows out you can just get it trimmed until the relaxed part is gone. If you want to stop treating your hair the only other thing I can think of is wear it up or back until it grows out the way you want. Or maybe just keep the whole thing braided for a while. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be gorgeous no matter what!



I want to start over? What do I do?

SRY THE GIRL THAT WROTE BEFOR WAS STUCK UP YOU SHOULD USE DOVE SHAMPOO AND GET IT TRIMMED



I want to start over? What do I do?

I stopped straightening my hair 10 years ago. =^)



Keep it clean and conditioned. Keep your hair braided, not in individual braids but in cornrowed patterns. This allows the hair to grow evenly and literally "trains" your hair.



(If you don't want plain cornrows, try some weaving styles that are sewn into your cornrows. Versatility counts!)



It will take some time for your hair texture to change but once it does, it'll be more manageable. Clip the permed ends periodically.



Good luck!



I want to start over? What do I do?

I'll admit, it is a transition growing out of the perm. I'm letting mine grow out now. Well, I get my hair wet set with bone rollers and I also get it braided, sort of like Alicia Keys'. If you go into the braids, make sure the stylist doesn't braid it too tight or you'll be looking lkike Brandy. A wet set is really excellent for your hair, it will make it grow FAST. Keep your hair washed and conditioned. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment